Link: Email the VA Office

Transfer Students

Transfer students must be admitted to Winthrop University before applying for Veteran Affairs Educational Benefits. The Department of Veteran Affairs must decide eligibility for individuals interested in these benefits. To apply to use VA Educational Benefits at Winthrop, visit the "VA Educational Benefits Available at Winthrop University" web page. Complete the appropriate application and attach any additional forms requested.

In addition, all VA students must fill out and turn in the following forms each Fall and Spring semester in order to keep the student's records updated:
All forms may be dropped off or mailed to:
Veteran Benefits Office at Winthrop University
c/o Records and Registration
126 Tillman Hall
Rock Hill, South Carolina 29733

All transfer students must provide official transcripts from all prior institutions of higher education to Winthrop's Office of Admissions. This is a requirement for all VA students. The Department of Veteran Affairs requires the VA Office at Winthrop to officially report all prior credits completed at other higher education institutions that can be applied towards the degree program that the student will be working on at Winthrop.

Please Note:

  • The Winthrop University VA Coordinator is always available to meet with you personally to answer any questions.
  • We do our best to answer general VA questions and to submit appropriate paperwork to the VA Office in order for our students to receive VA educational benefits.
  • Please consider that the normal minimum processing time for VA check receipt is 4-6 weeks after the semester begins. For new students, it may take longer.

photo collage