Link: Email the VA Office

New Students

New students must be admitted to Winthrop University before applying for Veteran Affairs Educational Benefits. The Department of Veteran Affairs must decide eligibility for individuals interested in these benefits. To apply to use VA Educational Benefits at Winthrop, visit the "VA Educational Benefits Available at Winthrop University" web page. Complete the appropriate application and attach any additional forms requested.

In addition, all VA students must fill out and turn in the following forms each Fall and Spring semester in order to keep the student's records updated:
All forms may be dropped off or mailed to:
Veteran Affairs Office at Winthrop University
c/o Records and Registration
126 Tillman Hall
Rock Hill, South Carolina 29733

Please Note:

  • The Winthrop University VA Coordinator is always available to meet with you personally to answer any questions.
  • We do our best to answer general VA questions and to submit appropriate paperwork to the VA Office in order for our students to receive VA educational benefits.
  • Please consider that the normal minimum processing time for VA check receipt is 4-6 weeks after the semester begins. For new students, it may take longer.

photo collage