Link: Email the VA Office

Chapter 30: Montgomery GI Bill for Active Duty / Honorably Discharged

  • For information on eligibility or to file a claim for benefits under Chapter 30, visit
  • Students wishing to use their Chapter 30 educational benefits at Winthrop University must:
    • New students and first time Chapter 30 educational benefit users must fill out the "VA Form 22-1990 Application" and submit a certified copy of the "Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty (DD Form 214)" to the Winthrop VA Office.
    • Transfer students and prior users of Chapter 30 educational benefits must fill out the "VA Form 22-1995" and submit it to the VA Office at Winthrop University.
    • All transfer students must provide official transcripts from all prior institutions of higher education to Winthrop's Office of Admissions. This is a requirement for all VA students. The Department of Veteran Affairs requires the VA Office at Winthrop to officially report all prior credits completed at other higher education institutions that can be applied towards the degree program that the student will be working on at Winthrop.


photo collage