Areas of Coverage
University purchases different types of insurance policies to
adequately cover its assets. Policies are purchased through the
South Carolina Insurance Reserve Fund (SCIRF) where possible.
- Building and Personal Property
which covers campus structures,
walkways, and their contents.
Policy Number: F120090014
- General Tort Liability protects the University against negligent
acts resulting in physical injury to campus employees, students, and
visitors and damage to their property.
Policy Number: T120090014
- Inland Marine covers the University’s art collection, non
University art pieces while in transit and on campus, and musical
instruments stored on non-University owned premises.
Policy Number: M120090014, M120090014A and M120090014B
- Auto Liability covers damages of body, vehicle and property
caused by an accident.
Policy Number: L120090014
- Auto Comprehensive and Collision comprehensive covers loss of
auto or equipment except from collision or overturn and collision
accepts specific coverage from comprehensive to cover autos or
equipment involved in a collision.
Policy Number: C120090014
- Data Processing Insurance covers the University’s information
Policy Number: D120090014
- Builders Risk covers buildings that are under construction or
Policy Number: R120090014
- Medical Professional Liability
protects therapists, trainers,
and other clinical workers.
Policy Number: P120090014
- Crime Insurance protects the University’s funds against losses
resulting from acts of theft, forgery, dishonesty, etc.
Policy Number: 106020533
- Directors and Officers Liability protects the directors and
officers from occurrences while acting on behalf of the University.
Policy Number: UDA1221889.13
- MacFeat Early Childhood Laboratory protects registered
full-time students enrolled in the MacFeat Early Childhood
Policy Number: 22-SR-407786
- Volunteer Policy covers volunteers directly and
indirectly in the
programs and services supported by the various departments on the
TULIP (Tenants and Users
Liability Insurance Policy) is designed to provide low cost
general liability insurance to third party uses of university
facilities. For more information on this policy,
Field Trip Policy
covers participants involved in off campus University sponsored
events that are supported by the various departments on the
University campus. For more information on this policy,
Travel Insurance for student and staff. This coverage
works for both domestic and international. It covers both
individuals and group travel. Visit the
Return to Risk Management Home Page