START YOUR FUTURE NOW!
You don't have to wait...dual enrollment at Winthrop University provides an opportunity for academically strong secondary students to take college courses for either credit at the high school and college level OR to start building college credit for use upon entering a post-secondary institution.
**Application deadline for fall 2018 courses is July 20, 2018.
**Registration for summer 2018 is OPEN! Visit the course offerings page for details. Registration for fall 2018 opens May 1, 2018 and extends through August 1, 2018.
1. Do you qualify? If you answer yes to the three questions below - YOU QUALIFY!
-Current/rising a high school junior or senior?
-3.0 GPA on the SC Uniform Grading Scale?
-22 ACT or 1050 SAT score (or equivalent PreACT/PSAT)?
2. Look through the course offerings for the upcoming year.
3. Talk to your school counselor (if applicable) about course possibilities/appropriate options.
4. Know the difference between dual enrollment and dual credit (see Parent FAQ #10).
5. APPLY as a Winthrop dual enrollment student.
6. Once accepted, register for desired courses (up to 6 hours).
7. Attend family orientation (info will be sent by email; required for first time students/parents).
The dual enrollment program cost is just $495 per course ($545 for out-of-state participants). This includes tuition and fees, but DOES NOT include specific course fees and required materials such as textbooks or parking. Students are billed after registering for courses.
QUICK LINKS and FORMS
Permission and Verification Form
Permission Form for RETURNING Students (required each semester)
Dr. Robert Prickett
Associate Dean, College of Arts and Sciences
Now accepting applications for summer and fall! Registration open for Summer; Fall 2018 registration starts May 1!
Student/Family orientation required for new Dual Enrollment program participants. Check back soon for fall date.
Looking to join Winthrop full time? Visit Admissions to explore the possibilities!