IN THIS ISSUEAlumni Reunion Celebration – A Photo Essay
Meet a Student
• Cast Your Vote. The Executive Board of the Alumni Association of Winthrop University submits for your consideration the slate of candidates to serve as officers of the association. One person has been named to fill each office that will become vacant June 30. A majority of votes cast shall constitute an election.
• Networking opportunity. Join College of Business Administration alumni for a free informal networking event at Dilworth Billiards in Charlotte, N.C., on Tuesday, June 23, from 5 to 8 p.m. Catch up with former classmates and enjoy a great game. Register and learn more.
• Reconnect and reminisce. Music department alumni from the classes of 1995-2005 will host a reunion cookout at The Shack at Winthrop Lake on Saturday, July 25, at 5 p.m. Come join your friends for food, conversation and fun! Register and learn more.
• Share your stories. Recently, Frances Cunningham Davenport ‘59 contacted the Office of Alumni Relations to recognize fellow alumna Frances Black Martin ‘30, who celebrated her 100th birthday. Would you like to recognize a member of the Winthrop family for a significant milestone in his or her life? If so, submit your stories to email@example.com so information may be included in an upcoming publication.
• Stay connected. You can keep up with the latest alumni news on popular social networking sites Facebook and Twitter. More than 1,300 alumni have already reconnected on Facebook, and Twitter is a great way for you to receive alumni updates on your mobile device.
• Update your records today. Do you have a new job, marriage, baby or other life-changing event you would like to share with the Winthrop family? If so, please update your records so information may be included in a future Winthrop Magazine. Since several methods that we used to obtain alumni information are no longer available, we need you to let us know of your latest accomplishments. All you need is your alumni ID. Update your records if you have an ID already. Request your ID.