Collection Management Officer
- Serves as the Collection Management Officer for the library.
- Serves as chairperson for the Collection Management Committee.
- Schedules meetings with Collection Management Committee.
- Establishes and coordinates collection management activities with library and departmental liaisons.
- Works with collection management committee to set a collection management agenda/timetable for the year.
- Develops an agenda for collecting formats, systems and other means of accessing information.
- Responsible for reviewing and revising the Collection Management Policy.
- Works with Public Service Department on developing policies/procedures for Document Delivery Services.
- Works with the Head of Monographs Acquisitions and the Head of Serials Acquisitions and Cataloging to gather and provide statistical information to accrediting teams and agencies about library holdings.
- Works with the Head of Monographs Acquisitions, the Head of Serials Acquisitions and Cataloging and library liaisons to develop needs assessments for the collection.
- Develops and manages policies and procedures for weeding and storage of materials.