Collection Management Calendar
Fiscal Year period is July 1 - June 30.
- Budget reports showing expenditures and encumbrances are provided to all liaisons each month throughout the fiscal year.
- Materials newly added to the library are provided online. This website, New Acquisitions and Gifts, is updated following the last day of each month.
- Collection Management Team assignments are completed:
- Teaching departments designate their liaisons to the library from among their faculty;
- Library faculty and staff members select their subject areas.
- Funds are allocated as soon as library materials budget is known, and library liaisons are informed of their book/video budget for the business year.
- Reminder of the March 15 ordering deadline is sent to all library liaisons before fall semester's end.
- 50% of allocation should be spent.
- Second reminder of the March 15 ordering deadline is sent to all library liaisons after spring semester has begun.
- Library liaisons and selectors receive current budget status as of February
- Third reminder of the March 15 ordering deadline is sent to all library liaisons.
- March 15:
- 100% of allocation should be spent.
- March 16 until funds are depleted:
- Funds not used by the March 15 deadline will be used for materials to support other areas with documented needs (such as e.g. academic program expansions and/or accreditation).
- Between April and June:
- As the fiscal-year end approaches, library materials funds approach depletion as the ordered materials are received and paid.
- When book/video requests exceed available funds, they cannot be ordered. Acquisitions librarian discusses unordered / unfunded materials with each library liaison, to determine which of them to order in the following fiscal year.
- July: Unordered / unfunded materials chosen by the library liaison as the old fiscal year ends are ordered as soon as the new fiscal year begins.