The primary goal of the Ida Jane Dacus Library is to support the instructional and research activities of the Winthrop University academic community. The Winthrop Library is the primary provider on campus of scholarly information in all forms from print to electronic.
To fulfill its mission, the Library will do the following in the areas designated:
- Facilities: Continue to improve the library facilities to provide an aesthetically pleasing, comfortable, and appropriate environment to meet patron needs and study patterns.
- Library Development: Seek involvement, input, support, and adequate funding from students, faculty, staff, university administration, and community for library resources and services.
- Marketing and Communication: Develop new avenues to encourage better communication and public relations within the library and among the library patrons.
- Resource Sharing: Engage in sharing resources through inter-institutional cooperation and agreements.
- Resources and Collections: Acquire, organize, maintain, and preserve resources which complement and support the curriculum, research, and information needs of the University.
- Services: Provide assistance and instruction to patrons, individually and in groups, to aid users in identifying, locating, and using resources.
- Staffing: Recruit, hire, and train a competent, well-qualified, and diverse workforce. Provide opportunities for retraining, continuing education, and professional development for all library staff and faculty.
- Technology: Maintain an accurate and up-to-date web presence and continue to explore emerging technologies to identify the ones most appropriate for the library and the patrons.