The primary goal of the Ida Jane Dacus Library is to support the instructional and research activities of the Winthrop University academic community. The Winthrop Library is the primary provider on campus of scholarly information in all forms from print to electronic.
To fulfill its mission, the Library will:
- Provide instruction to users in the full range of electronic, print, and other media.
- Provide information resources and services to all Winthrop faculty, staff, and students to assist with course requirements.
- Engage in sharing resources via inter-institutional cooperation.
- Involve students, faculty, and the administration in the ongoing development of library resources.
- Provide facilities that are physically adequate and sufficient to meet patron needs and study patterns.
- Maintain collections of state and federal publications consistent with current standards.
- Maintain an archives, special collections, and university records retention repository.
- Execute university library comparisons with regional and national standards.