COPYING ARCHIVAL DOCUMENTS IS SUBJECT TO THE RULES AND REGULATIONS OF THE ARCHIVES.
THIS POLICY IS EFFECTIVE August 1, 2005
The Archives is open to the public, unless specifically restricted for use by a donor. To use the material, a researcher must abide by the rules and regulations of the department and sign a "Rules for Use" form. All research must be conducted at the Winthrop Archives. Due to personnel constraints, we cannot do research for patrons.
- The department charges .15 cents per page for photocopies for Winthrop students, which are made by the Archives staff.
- The department charges .25 cents per page for photocopies for non-Winthrop patrons who use material in the Archives’ research area, which are made by the Archives staff.
- The department charges .25 cents per page for photocopies plus shipping and handling for patrons who order from off-campus.
- The department charges an additional $10 fee per family name as a research fee plus the cost of photocopying at .25 cents per copy page for off-campus requests.
- The Archives charges $10 for the duplication of each photograph or other item in the collection to be used for commercial use or for publication.
- The charge for scanning photographs and documents is $5 per copy for copies on photo quality paper and $1 per copy for plain paper copies.
- The department charges $5 per disk to scan images to a CD plus an additional .50 cents for each image after 10.
- The department charges $1 for each audio tape duplicated, if the patron provides the tape.
- The department charges $5.00 for each audio tape duplicated, if the patron does not provide the tape.
- The department charges $15.00 for copies of audio or visual media to a DVD.
Hours of Operation
The department is open Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Researchers should call or write ahead since library hours may vary, especially during summer and intersessions. Contact Archives: (803) 323-2334.
Winthrop University/Dacus Library
Louise Pettus Archives & Special Collections
700 Cherry Rd
Rock Hill, SC 29732